Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grouchy = productive?



Ever had one of Those Days?

You know the kind. Where everything goes wrong before 8:30 a.m, you've cried twice, once to your husband and once to a stranger's voicemail on the phone, you're in the mood to break every mirror in the house becaues you're PMS-y and feel ridiculously fat, and you have a blooming headache because you were so caught up in the aforementioned drama that you forgot to drink your morning Diet Coke?

I'm having one of Those.

Which brings me to an interesting question. When you're having one of Those Days, do you write? Or does the thought of even opening your laptop make you growl and gnash your teeth?

Despite the drama and my bad mood, I actually still feel like writing! Maybe its because I know I need to, with my deadline rapidly approaching (next week!) but maybe also its because the conflict and emotion is good fodder for my characters. Hmm...

Tell me how your moods affect your writing progress while I go pull up my WIP and find a good fight scene to edit.

And pop open my Diet Coke.

4 comments:

  1. Eeek. Yes, I know Those Days. Usually they happen when I haven't had a chance to write yet, or when I'm having a particularly tough writing day, as in man! I was hoping to get 4,342,999 words in and I only have 400.
    But yeah. I like writing even then. It relaxes me and my family is grateful :-)
    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's very hard to write after a bad day, and usually, *grin* my characters have a bad day at the same time, imagine that! But, hey, it adds conflict right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a bad day!!! At least you finally remembered your Diet Coke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those days! But even when I'm in an awful mood, I usually find myself writing to vent my frustration. And like Krista mentioned, my characters usually end up having a bad day, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete