Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Little Encouragement Courtesy of Madeleine L'Engle

I don't know about you, but sometimes, I wonder if I can actually make a difference with my measly attempts at putting words together into semi-logical sentences.

And I've been a professional writer for 10 years now.

But after reading C.J.'s brilliant reminder of how God really does care about each and every aspect of our lives (and yes, that includes our writing, too), I was encouraged. After all, if He's the giver of the gift, He's going to give us the means to use it, right? So I just have to keep being faithful and write, write, write away. In fact, it sort of reminded me (yes, I have odd trains of thought...I think all creative types do) of what author Madeleine L'Engle said:

"Our truest response to the irrationality of the world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth."
Madeleine L'Engle

I want to find truth, how about you, Scribble Chicks readers?

2 comments:

  1. great quote! this is my favorite madeleine l'engle quote:

    When we are writing, or painting, or composing, we are, during the time of creativity, freed from normal restrictions, and are opened to a wider world, where colors are brighter, sounds clearer, and people more wondrously complex than we normally realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a question forgot guys, there are a ton of writing prompts on the interenet. How do they help you write a better novel?

    ReplyDelete