Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wanna help?

This is only sort of writing related, but forgive me. I've been asked to speak at a local church's women's ministry event - A Fashion Show! Of course that topic had me immediately hooked, but this speaking event will be different because...dum da dummmm...I typically do speaking events that are based around writing or, at least, books/reading. And the coordinator asked that I speak on inner beauty and being a woman of God.

I'm really excited for this opportunity- and the way God opened the door has me convinced this is His will for me, so I'm trying to live up to the challenge and get my speech prepared for these ladies! God is providing me with ample material, so at least I don't have to worry about running short on time. ;) (me, long-winded with words? GASP!)

But fellow women, I need your help! I'd like to include in my talk some quotes (anonymous, or first names only, whichever you prefer - just indicate!) from real women about real body issues or anything regarding the fashion industry. For example, how commercials, products, magazines and TV make you feel about yourself, why you buy the clothes you do, how you feel about yourself, what you think about outer beauty vs. inner beauty, etc. Anything along those lines, zap it my way to betsystamant@yahoo.com

The women in attendance will be a variety of ages - teenagers on up to senior citizens. So please don't feel you are too young or too old to contribute to this discussion. I want every age group to be reached.

Thanks SO MUCH! =) And prayers for June 26th are also appreciated, that God will use me to work in the lives of these sweet women.

1 comment: