Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Do you ever wish...

...you could just go away?

Not permanently, or anything serious! Ha! But just sort of vanish for 24 hours and do nothing but write?

I do!

Of course it would take planning, like finding someone to watch the Little Miss or planning this vanishing act around my husband's fireman schedule, not to mention trying to figure out WHERE I'd go to write uninterrupted for that long...not to mention if you go to a hotel or somewhere away-away, there's money to be involved, and then the issue of food, and...

That's why I'm still sitting here at my kitchent able, NOT vanishing. ;)

But it sounds great, doesn't it? I love my family and I love the responsibilities God gave me, and I USUALLY have my priorities straight ;) But can you imagine writing for a solid day with no phone calls? No social media? No cartoons blaring or toddlers announcing their potty needs or no guilt over going to the gym or no emails or no text messages? JUST writing?

Such a dream!

Hahahahahahaha literally just now as I typed the above lines, my toddler ran by me, holding her booty and shouting "I gotta go poopoo!" hahahahahaha. I'm not kidding.

Yeah.

Lately, I feel the pressure of all my deadlines, those both self imposed and publisher-imposed, and honestly- it's not crushing, it's INSPIRING.

I WANT to go write. I NEED to write. I NEED the release of this story that it's been in my head for months that's almost done in proposal form. I NEED to finish it. I NEED to make progress on my contracted Love Inspired coming out next Spring (The Rancher Next Door) that's due to my editor in full this summer. I NEED to be brainstorming new stories for them. I NEED to be finishing the full manuscript criqitue for a client from my own editing service. I NEED and WANT to doing all of that and am excited about each project...Sigh.

I'm rambling. I blame it on the Easter candy.

Does anyone know what I mean? Do you ever get those inspired moments where you just feel like if you don't get a bunch of quality writing time in you will literally explode? It's not a bad thing but a good thing. I just don't know where to get it. lol

Maybe I can just set my clocks back...

2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me think of the movie, What About Bob, when he says "gimme gimme gimme, I need, I need" lol

    But I totally get what you mean! One of the hardest things for me is getting started. Once I get started I can get a flow going but when something interupts, I have a tough time getting the flow back. Because of that it REALLY easy to procrastinate and is a vicious cycle. I was just thinking the other day I HAVE to make myself start because opportunities will just pass me by.

    Maybe you could hint to your hubby that for Mothers Day you'd like a "writers retreat" ya know, where you seclude yourself for the weekend and write ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean. The other day I drove past a cute cottage type house. The sun was shining, birds were chirping and there was pretty green grassall around. I thought, it would be great to get away to some place like a cottage and just write for a day.

    ReplyDelete