Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Asking for Help




So it turns out I can’t do everything.

I know this comes as a real shocker to you, what with my magic cape and everything, but… it was all just a show.

A show mostly for myself.

But I’m learning something. It can actually be lots of fun when you ask for help.

Not the asking… but the receiving. And the relationships that flourish as a result.

On my left stands my best friend, Ethan. That’s his baby that’s making my stomach bulge. And that’s his sweet heart thumping that helps me think through and plan for all kinds of things when it comes to reaching out to teen guys.

On my right is Halee, the go-to, keep-me-on-task, writer-editor-extraordinare. She came on board with realteenfaith.com without hesitation when I was in a bit of a personal crisis a few years ago.

And on my far right is Abbie, who despite our attempts to scare her out of her wits, has proven that she’s just as crazy as everybody else who’s working on Real Teen Faith. Oh, and she’s darn talented too.

You’d think that I’d have learned from these extraordinary people that God brings just the right people into our lives at just the right time – when we ask. But when it comes to needing help… I’m a slow learner.

Recently Erynn (you know, that Mangum girl – she’s written a few books or something) reminded me that it’s OK to ask for help in the publishing world. That it’s a group effort. That as writers we support each other.

So this is me, passing that on to you. How can we encourage you today? How can we pray for you? What questions can we attempt to answer?

This is a group effort, and trust me… it can be a lot of fun when we bond over the passion God’s placed in our hearts.

5 comments:

  1. You, my dear friend, are SO DANG CUTE in that picture!! :) Looks like she might run out of room here pretty soon... ;) Love the sweet girl already! Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And please know, we need you too! We really are a well-balanced team. You (and Ethan) have got the vision and the heart. I can handle the details. And Abbie makes us all look and sound fabulous and fun. (I'm still trying to figure out how we got so lucky as to snag her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! When are you do?
    Right now, I'm trying to keep my writing momentum going. Everytime I get to a point of frustration I give the project up & start something new. I'm want to complete a MS!
    I heard somebody say once, "don't get it right, get it written" I've been repeating that a lot lately

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, this is one of my favorite pictures. Ever!

    I hope you know BJ, that you're a regular ol' inspiration. And Ethan too - you both have such incredible hearts!

    I love us - and I'm so glad you decided to ask for help :)

    ReplyDelete