Thursday, August 26, 2010

Amen, Sistas!

I don't know about you, but I've totally been tracking with what my fellow Scribble Chicks have been saying this week about prioritizing, settling manageable goals, productivity and well, writer burnout.

It's always good to know that your fellow writers not only experience the same emotions you do, but are still figuring out the whole time management thing with writing, too.

This week has been a really challenging one for me in the ol' writing department. I've had no trouble meeting my deadlines because when it comes right down to it, I have to finish or I won't get paid (always a plus when you're a freelance writer), but I've had a little trouble actually getting excited about the task.

Now there's no question in my mind that I still love to write. It's just when you do it all the time (like everyday, and I'm not just talking novel writing), sometimes it's a little more difficult to get excited about sitting in front of the computer yet again. And because of that, not to mention a slew of freelancing deadlines, I haven't had much time to actually work on my baby, my WIP.

Then when I start thinking about that, I get really bummed because that's what I really want to be working on. Now before you think "Wow, she's just one giant whiner," let me be clear. I'm thankful for each and every freelance assignment—especially in this economy. But without some of those manageable goals that Erynn and Betsy was talking about, well, that probably wouldn't change anytime soon, and my WIP would always be on the backburner.

So all that to say, we're here to encourage you (and each other), so if there's ever anything we can help with, just let us know. Now, back to that regularly scheduled writing assignment...

No comments:

Post a Comment