Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Staying Motivated



It’s been wintery-mixing outside for three days. 

And by wintery-mixing, I mean wow-the-sunlamp’s-been-plugged-in-for-six-hours-and-I-still-can’t-tie-my-shoes-wintery-mixing.

It’s days like today when I have to find my core motivation. I lined up the babysitter; the words need to fall into place. 

What helps YOU find your groove?

Here are a few things that help me:

-Music (no lyrics for me; for some reason words mix up my thought process).

-Sunlamp (you thought I was kidding).

-GIANT mug of coffee/tea. Not both at the same time. But preferably both at some time.

My BIGGEST motivation, however, is people. When I think about the teens I’m writing for, there’s automatically a spark. 

And that’s something no wintery-mix can take away... as long as the sun lamp doesn’t run out of batteries.



***


Bekah is a national speaker and the author of The Bare Naked Truth: Dating, Waiting & God’s Purity Plan (Zondervan, 2013). Most of all, she’s Ethan’s wife and Zoey’s mom.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee and digging into my character's lives do a LOT for my motivation. =) A babysitter would no doubt go even further....!

    ReplyDelete