Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just One Word at a Time, Baby!

I'm not a fan of his scarier stories (yeah, I'm a giant wimp), but I absolutely love Stephen King's advice on writing.

Seriously, if you haven't picked up a copy of King's On Writing, you really owe it to yourself to do so.

Anyway, one of his quotes that's always stuck with me is what he had to say about his "process." And yes, I realize that's a very pretentious way of putting it, but if actors always feel the need to use it, why not us, right?

"When asked, 'How do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time.'”

Yep, that's all it takes, my fellow writing friends. Just one word at a time. So if you're like me, and sometimes you struggle with the sheer enormity of the task, just remember what our Uncle Steve says. All it takes it one word at a time, baby (yep, I added the baby).

The end.

Have a great weekend all!
:) Christa

2 comments: