I'm back from a 9 day vacation to Disney World with my parents and my husband and my three year old (we drove, so there was 4 days of travel and 5 days in the parks total) and I can honestly say I've learned several things.
In no particular order...
1. My 3 year old is more patient than I am when it comes to waiting in lines. Ahem.
2. I can read 2 and 1/2 novels in 4 days when stuck in a van that long.
3. I have more of a thing for Pirates than I realized.
4. Older kids (think ages 5-7) can throw way worse tantrums in public than my 3 year old (who was seriously an angel the majority of the trip!)
5. I'm addicted to Pinapple ice cream
6. Eating everything I want + walking around Disney for 5 days = only a 3 lb temporary weight gain (miracle!)
7. My husband rocks.
8. Vans can hold a lot of luggage.
9. My daughter loves toys. (ha)
10. It's not a good idea to watch a belly dancer in Morroco (Epcot countries) while stuffing your own face with couscous...
11. "It's a Small World After All" really does linger in one's head for 9 days.
12. Never pack for a trip assuming the weather will be one thing and not another (I had to buy short sleeve shirts while there!)
13. The staff at Disney World are truly the nicest and most patient people on Earth.
14. My daughter loves the Little Mermaid as much or more than I did at her age, which makes me smile so big...
15. No matter how old you get, you will never stop wanting a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar or outgrow the giant Lego store in Downtown Disney.
16. No matter how old you get, the Spinning Teacups will always be fun.
17. I actually DON'T have to wear high heels every day (though I did miss them!)
18. Vacations are good for the soul!
19. Coming home from vacation is even better! ;)