Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Writing Fears, Part Two

I'm with ya, Betsy...being a writer can be a scary, scary thing filled with fears galore.

Like every time I work on a manuscript, I wonder if readers will get my sense of humor. Or if they'll like the characters I've created, the crazy scenarios I've dreamed up, the themes I've tried to tackle.

I'm also afraid my computer will go on the fritz right before I submit my manuscript to my editor (yeah, that happened three days before deadline before), and I'll have to start from scratch.

I also have the somewhat irrational fear that I'll never have a creative impulse ever, ever again, will have to go back to college and study something different altogether.

Such is the life of a writer. We've got neuroses like everyone else...some founded, some, well, not so much. But in the end, it's all absolutely, positively worth it, and hey, isn't conquering our fears part of life anyway? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment