Tuesday, November 27, 2012

If You Build It--Will They Come?


If you don't have a blog, and you want to write non-fiction books, it's probably time to start getting your name out there so you can get noticed.

"I have a blog, but no one reads it," someone told me recently.

No. They won't. Unless you get the word out that your blog exists.

Here are a few simple ways to do just that:

1) Comment on similar blogs. Compliment people sincerely on their posts. Readers will click over to check out your site.

2) Ask to guest-blog on similar sites. Bloggers are usually looking for someone to share useful information, and again, people will click your bio to see your site.

3) Use Twitter and Facebook to promote your posts. Just don't do it every day, or people will stop clicking. (Join in relevant conversation; don't just promote yourself).

You can do all this in less than thirty minutes a day. It's also great practice with deadlines for your writing.

Do you have a blog? How often do you post?

***
Bekah Hamrick Martin is a blogger at the Bare Naked Truth: What You Missed in Sex Ed (and Other General Blogginess). 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the helpful tips. I have only been blogging since March and I'm learning a lot from other bloggers. I post three times a week and love to read other blogs.

    Angie
    www.mamaprayed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just this minute finished my new blog! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a blog a couple weeks ago and I try to post a short story or scene every weekend. It's been really fun so far.
    thecaffeinatedauthor.blogspot.com

    Can't wait to see what other blogs I can find from this one!

    ReplyDelete