BJ is undoubtedly staring at her GORGEOUS baby girl right now, so I'm going to fill in for her today. ;) So, stretch those writing muscles and get ready for a few exercises!
Stuck in a story? Here's a few prompts to get the creative juices flowing!
1. Write in a journal or a blog. Sometimes, just writing something totally different can inspire me to keep going!
2. Imagine you were a food or drink. What would you be? Why? What would the members of your family be?
3. Finish the following sentence: "I knew it was bad when I saw Henry stuck inside a..."
4. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Try to describe something in ten words instead - but not just any ten words. All ten words have to begin with the same letter. Example: Teapot. Tiny. Tin...
5. Finally, try to write a short story using only common cliches. Like, "Not to beat around the bush, but Laura was not your average, run-of-the-mill girl."
Have fun! And please, feel free to share your creativity with the rest of us!! :)