So, one of the worst things about writing is how it is SO easy to snack while you're doing it.
It might also be one of the best things.
And honestly, there is a lot of good that can come from a bit of snacking. Need a second to think? Just grab whatever you're eating and munch a little bit. Got a scene coming up that needs a dash of excitement? It's a great time for a little mini sugar rush then!
So, without further ado, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite writing snacks. My sincere apologies to your waistline.
* Sweet Tea - this is a must. I brew it with seven black tea bags and one chai tea bag. Then I add sugar, a pinch of baking soda (saw this little "trick" on Pinterest to remove some of the bitterness) and ice water. Oh. It's amazing.
* Vanilla Wafers - I love these. We really love the Sprouts brand.
* Pretzels and onion dip. On the rare day that I'm not feeling the need for something sweet, this is a great option.
* Good old fashioned chocolate. I tell myself this is a healthy option. Antioxidants, you know.
* Fruit. This is really the healthy option. I really love apples and peanut butter or chopped up melons.
* Coffee. Iced or hot depending on the temperature, but this is another must. Really, I just alternate between tea and coffee. Got to mix it up, you know. ;)
* And, if it's just been one of those days, I'll make some homemade chocolate chip cookies before settling in to write. Because really. Can you put a price - or a calorie limit - on making your word count for the day?
Do you snack while you're writing? And if you do, what are your favorite writing snacks??