Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Taking Care of You

I've never read a book three times within seven months... until now.

This is the second time in 2014 alone that I've reread Renewed.

I've never met the author (but we're Facebook friends--does that make me awesome?!), yet I feel like she knows me.

My exhaustion. My thin moments. My frantic scrambling to get it all together...

I decided yesterday after reading chapter one to make time for me today. To soak in the small moments. To take a step away from my calendar and the tasks in front of me... and enjoy relationship.

I can't even begin to tell you how God met me today. And how much more productive I was, despite sacrificing what I thought was essential time to get things done. (My to-do list is still accomplished, and with a much lighter heart.)

I encourage you to get this book. Most of us want to practice good self-care, but we don't have the practicals on how to get there.

Enjoy the small things. Savor them. And know that you will be an even better wife, mom, sister, daughter, writer... if you know how to take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment