Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nobody Said It Was Easy

While I was working on my latest writing deadline, namely a review of Lyle Lovett's latest album, a song popped up on my iPod that pretty much summed up the whole novel-writing experience.

It was Coldplay's "The Scientist," and the lyric, served up in frontman Chris Martin's trademark falsetto, was "nobody said it was easy."

As any of the Scribble Chicks can probably attest, writing a novel isn't easy in the least. While the words and characters and scenes may come easily one day, there are others where forming a basic sentence feels a little like trying to get a big ol' wad of gum out of your hair.

But like so many of the best things in life, I always have to remind myself that the greatest challenges are often the most rewarding. So if you love to write and have a story in you, you've got to fight for it— every day if possible, just one word at a time.

Trust me, you won't regret it...

So happy writing to all of you this week,
:) Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment